6/12/20

Altered Travel Journal

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog today with a travel journal.

2020 was the year we had planned a number of trips:  Greece in April, US travel this summer, and more.  But all was put on hold due to Covid19, however, we do plan to travel in 2021 so this journal will come in handy then.



 I began by painting a kraft journal with gesso so I could decorate with foiled papers, stamps and inks.



While still wet, I adhered Marigold Starstruck  Foiled Paper to the journal.  I also applied some more gesso randomly around the front cover, covering part of the foil.  This not only assured a good seal, it also gave me a base to which I could add assorted inks.  



Once dry, I decorated my journal using several stencils and modeling paste.  Since I plan on using this as a travel journal, I also used a travel themed stencil for the word "adventure" with arrow and the map in the upper corner.  In the bottom corner I used a brick stencil.


Once dry, I spritzed assorted colors of inks about the journal, using a paper towel to pick up excess inks.  Using StazOn ink with a script stamp, I added it randomly around the edges of my journal.


Ebony/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper was adhered to small chipboard squares which were then added to the journal.  I randomly stamped travel themed stamps about the foil using StazOn  Black Ink.

My journal is now ready with assorted pages and pockets to hold my travel paperwork.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment