6/23/20

Clearscraps Gears Stencil cards

Hi everyone, I'm on the Clear Scraps blog  and this month we are partnering with TapeRunner.  I've created a set of cards using the ClearScraps 6" Gears Stencil.



I used the Gears Stencil with assorted inks to create backgrounds for my cards.  


My first gears background uses Old Paper Distress Ink for a light effect.


My second background uses Aged Mahogany Distress Ink for a rich effect.


My third card uses Forest Moss Distress Ink for a darker effect.


Mix up the colors to create any number of backgrounds.  Using Lawn Fawn dies, I then die cut the panels to fit my cards.  Using the Tape Runner, I adhered the stenciled panels to coordinating cardstock panels, then added them to cards.


For card #1, I used Heartfelt Creations stamps to create a masculine card, fussy cutting the stamped image and adhering it to the background with brads.  Going for a birthday theme, I added Happy Birthday to the center of the card with foam adhesives for dimension.


Card #2  uses the same gears stamp and a different sentiment.  It was also added to the card with brads.  The sentiment gives you a reason to look inside the card doesn't it?


In this current environment, I thought this interior sentiment says it all, don't you?


My final card is a little different as I wanted a friendship card.  I just added a few brads to the gears background, then added the sentiment across a piece of corrugated cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph





No comments:

Post a Comment