4/12/21

Embossed cards with Rinea Foiled Papers

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog with a set of embossed cards.

With Spring heading our way, I wanted to showcase something bright and cheery.


I used a floral embossing folder to create these cards, but used the embossing folder in 2 different ways to get 2 different effects.

For the first card, I inked the embossing folder with Versa Fine Clair Ink in Purple Delight.


Placing Arctic/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper within the embossing folder, I ran it through my machine.  The result is that the ink was embossed into the background, leaving the flowers devoid of ink.  I lightly heat set the panel.


Using the same embossing folder and Arctic/Gold Foiled Paper, I inked the opposite side of the embossing folder with VersaFine Clair inks in Fantasia, Green Oasis and Tulip Red.  The result is that the ink was embossed into the design, not into the background.  I also lightly heat set the panel.


You can see how different the effect is in this photo. For the left panel, the design is embossed.  For the right panel, the design is debossed.


Using a baby wipe, I added VersaFine Clair Fantasia around the embossed design.


I finished the cards by matting one panel with Fuchsia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper before adding the panel to the card.  Let your Dreams fly... was stamped on cardstock, punched and then matted with Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and Fuchsia/Gold Foiled Paper.  Robin's Nest dew drops were added about the card.  For contrast, I inked the edge of the card.


I tore the bottom edge of the second panel and added a torn strip of Gold/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to the bottom.  The panel was then matted with Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and added to the card.  Using an art dauber, I added touches of green to the stems and leaves.


 Let your Dreams fly... was stamped on cardstock, punched and then matted with Fuchsia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.   Lavender Liquid Pearls were added about the card for dimension.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph













No comments:

Post a Comment