2/17/17

Keep Calm Upcycled Sign

Hi everyone, I am so tired of winter.  It's the middle of February and we just got another 12" of snow!!!!!  We have had our fill of snow so it's time to think spring with sunshine and flowers.

I began by sanding a wood sign with the Delta Sander.


Next I painted the sign with Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dye in Infra Red.  This dye brushes on smoothly and easily.


Once dry, I sanded it again to get a more rustic look.


Next I created a "vase" from an empty toilet roll, covering it in Transparent Paverpol.  Once dry, I painted it with Plaid Folk Art Milk Paint in Jamestown Blue.


Next, I used the Delta Jigsaw to clean up the edges of the "vase".


Finally, I added trim to the top and bottom of the "vase" and adhered it to the sign.


I created words from left over chipboard letters then randomly stamped flowers from Joy Clair Stamps  around the sign. 


A butterfly created from Rinea Foil was added atop the vase.  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists were sprayed over the sign to add a little shimmer as the finishing touch.


There is nothing better than seeing the flowers bloom and this sign is sure to remind me that spring is not far away.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph




2 comments: