2/3/17

Bouquet of Clay Roses

Hi everyone, do you like roses?  I know I do, but they die too quickly.  On the Makin's Clay® blog I've created roses that will last forever!



Supplies:
Makin's® Clay - White Yellow, Green
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Makin's Clay® Roller and Cutters set
Makin's Clay® Clay Cutters - Round
Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine
Beacon Adhesives - 3-in-1 Adhesive


Using the Roller, I rolled out white clay.  Then I used the medium sized round cutter to cut 6 white circles from the clay.


Next, I lined up each circle one at a time and pressed them firmly in place.  Wet clay holds to wet clay so no adhesive is necessary at this stage. 


I allowed the circles to set for a few minutes, then used a thin paint brush (you can use a straw or wood skewer)  to roll them up.  Gently push the piece off the paint brush and seal the edges together.


I thought this rose was a little too thick, so I took some more white clay and ran it through the clay machine.  I started at the highest setting and ran it through the clay machine until I had the thin layer I wanted.  To add some color to the clay, I spritzed on Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and allowed it to dry.


I also painted additional white clay with Prima Gold Metallic Paint.  Once dry, I cut out circles with the round cutter.



I also wanted some leaves, so I mixed green, yellow and white clays then ran them through the clay machine until I had the thickness I wanted.  Using Spellbinders dies, I then die cut an assortment of leaves.  Wet clay die cuts easily, but remember to use wax paper between the layers so the clay does not stick to the dies.  I wanted some shape to the leaves, so I placed them on pens and let them set over night.


I placed the roses on skewers and formed the petals.  Using Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive, I adhered the leaves then let them sit overnight before proceeding further.  I arranged the roses in a watering can, pushing the skewers into styrofoam to hold them in place.  Next, I added shred around the roses.  These roses look extremely life-like and look amazing in the watering can.

 
It's almost Valentine's Day and this would be a wonderful gift for someone special.  But also think Mother's Day or a birthday as these roses will last forever.


Please stop by the Makin's Clay blog for more details on how to create these roses.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment