10/17/18

Happy Fall with Rinea Foiled Papers

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog and I've been creating with the Autumn Foiled Paper Variety Pack.  This pack is full of vibrant colors that are perfect for fall.  The included colors are Mocha, Marigold and Ruby.


My Fall card starts with Ruby Starstruck Foil and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Rinea Foils emboss beautifully.  Varying the amount of pressure yields different results, so don't be afraid to have fun experimenting with these foils.  At this point, you can leave the panel as is or gently sand it.


I used a small hand sander and gently sanded the embossed panel.  Sanding takes off just the top layer revealing the underlying color creating a really cool effect.


Using a small punch, I punched leaves from a variety of foil scraps left over from other projects. 


To complete the fall effect, I matted the embossed panel with kraft cardstock, placed a strip of corrugated paper across the card and wrapped it with twine.  Then I adhered the leaves around the twine and added a die cut acorn design across the top which was die cut from Marigold, Mocha, and Emerald Green.


A stamped panel using Joy Clair stamps - Fall Time Planner - was added atop the twine and a gem was added to the middle of the leaves.



My second card uses a cute Unity Stamp Co. image which I stamped with Imagine VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black.  Then I colored the image with Memento Markers.  Who couldn't love this guy?


I wanted to frame the image so I die cut Marigold Foil with Lawn Fawn dies, putting the smaller panel aside for another project.


Using the Marigold Foil frame, I placed it atop the colored image and adhered the panel to a panel of black which I then added to my card.  The phrase was stamped, matted and adhered to the card with foam adhesives.


What do you think?  Don't the foils add amazing effects to cards?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment