8/7/19

Proxxon Pumpkin

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today showing you how to create a quick and easy pumpkin with Proxxon Tools.




I drew a pumpkin shape on a scrap of plywood.  My pumpkin measures approximately 9", but with a larger piece of wood, you could create a massive pumpkin for the upcoming Fall season.


Using the Scroll Saw, I to cut around the pattern.


Plywood tends to split a lot so I used the Disc Sander to sand the raw edges on both sides.


To smooth the smaller areas, I used the Delta Sander - I love it's angled head which allows me to get into the smallest of areas.


Next, I painted the pumpkin with Plaid's Folk Art Outdoor Paint in Geranium.  Since it is going to sit outdoors, this paint was perfect as it is self sealing and weather resistant.  Once dry, I painted on a layer of crackle medium and let it sit for 24 hours.  Once dry, I knew the crackle medium would provide some fun dimension on the pumpkin.


Next I used a stencil with modeling paste to create "warts" randomly about the pumpkin.


To finish, I spritzed the pumpkin with several colors of spray inks and inked the edges with assorted colors of ink in green, yellow and orange to give the pumpkin lots of dimension.  Then I tied some raffia to it's handle.   Because I added the inks I didn't think the pumpkin would be weather resistant so I sprayed on a sealer to be safe.



This is an easy project and fun for the upcoming Fall season.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


 




No comments:

Post a Comment