10/2/19

Happy Fall Basket

Hi everyone, I've got a new project on the Proxxon blog.




Taking a paper mache pumpkin, I used the Rotary Precision Tool to drill several contiguous holes in the pumpkin - long enough to get the Jigsaw blade inside the pumpkin.



The Jigsaw cut the pumpkin without issue.


Since I had raggedy edges, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the edges.


I ran a bead of adhesive around the edge of the pumpkin and placed a pleated strip of burlap.  I used paper clips to hold the burlap in place until the glue dried.


While waiting for the glue to dry, I used the Hot Wire Cutter to cut a circle from Smoothfoam that would be placed in the bottom of the pumpkin.


  Then I gathered some silk flowers and placed them inside the basket.



Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

 



No comments:

Post a Comment