2/15/12

Background Creations

Creating your own pattern paper is easy with the right supplies at your fingertips.

I started with a sheet of tin foil onto which I drew assorted lines of color with Zig markers.



Once I had the colors on the tin foil, I spritzed the tin foil with water. Placing my white cardstock on top, I picked up assorted colors, moving the cardstock until I had picked up all the colors.



Putting it aside to dry, I added more color to the tin foil, then spritzed it again. I again placed the white cardstock on top, looking to pick up more color.



Next, I picked up the tin foil, wrapped it into a ball shape, rehydrated it, and tapped it onto a second sheet of cardstock. Unwrapping then rewrapping the tin foil to find other colors, I again rehydrated the foil and again tapped it onto the cardstock.



I put both aside to dry while I decided what I was going to create.

I cut the newly created paper to fit the front of a card, inking the edges with blue Zig Marker to match the background cardstock. I stamped a sentiment in black using Clearsnap's new stamp line, Mix'd Media Inx and Embossing Powder.



Prima flowers and a jeweled brad finished off the card.

For my next card, I embossed black cardstock for the base of the card, then cut apart the background paper. I matted 3 pieces on blue cardstock to use across the center of the card.



The butterfly was cut with my Cricut Expression and the Sentimentals Cartridge. The bottom layer was cut from blue cardstock and the top layer of the butterfly was cut with the paper I just created.



The butterfly fit across the first 2 squares and I stamped a sentiment in the final square with Clearsnap Black Mix'd Media Inx and Embossing Powder. A butterfly trail was created with gems which were colored blue with a Zig Marker so they would stand out against the background.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Zig Markers: Textile Markers, Scroll & Brush Markers, Memory Writers
Stamps: Clearsnap, Great Impressions
Flowers: Prima
Ink, Embossing Powder: Clearsnap Mix'd Media Black
Brad: Making Memories
Die cut Machine:Cricut Expression
Cricut Cartridge: Sentimentals
Gems: Want2Scrap
Adhesive: Zig Pens; Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment