5/21/14

A traveling we will go

I am thrilled to be guest designing for Eclectic Paperie this month.   This is my third post and I'm using papers from October Afternoon in conjunction with a Stamping Bella Stamp.  I wanted to create a travel wall hanging and found this panel board at my local store.




 
 



Using Art Anthology's Velvet Dimensional Paint in Aloha, I lightly painted the background.   Since I wanted a hint of color, I spritzed the panel with water which allowed the paint to flow easily.   Then I added in Art Anthology's Sorbet in Honolulu Blue for a bit more color.

                    
I also painted  Art Anthology's Sorbet in Honolulu Blue  on the edges.
 
 
 
The papers I used are from October Afternoon's Travel Girl collection, which I thought would be perfect for what I had in mind.  I cut the papers to fit the inside area on this board, inking the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and matting with cardstock before adhering.  Love the map paper.
 
 



I cut and tore some wordy travel paper from this collection, matted with some cardstock and placed it so it was falling off the right edge.  I added a large die cut oval from brown cardstock on top.  Using a Stamping Bella stamp, I colored her with assorted Copic Markers and then fussy cut her, placing her atop the oval with pop dots for dimension.



Since my stamped image appears to be thinking about where she'd love to travel next, I fussy cut assorted words from this pattern paper collection and adhered them around her.

Along the bottom panel, I added a sweet sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

 

2 comments: