5/28/14

Mix'd Media Cards with Gelli Plate and Art Anthology

Hi everyone, this is my final post as the guest designed for Eclectic Paperie  for this month.  I want to thank Kim and Bonnie for inviting me.

Today I've got some cards to share.

Have you played with the Gelli Plate yet?  Well, if you haven't, you should. It is so much fun.  I love mix'd media and I know so many people are using the Gelli Plate for mix'd media projects such as canvas and journals, but how about we switch it up a bit and create some mix'd media cards?  Oh so much fun!!!!





I began by placing Art Anthology paints on the Gelli Plate.  I used Art Anthology paint in Kenyon Copper Sorbet, for the first print, then placed The Crafter's Workshop Gathered Flowers stencil in the paint and placed a sheet of white paper on top.  For the second generation print, I added the Mini Chicken Wire Reverse Stencil.
 
 
 
 

 
To create the card, I first needed to add some color to the print, so I realigned the stencil back over the print. 
 


I then inked it with VersaMark watermark ink and poured Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder on top and heat set it.  I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, but hey, that's what creating with mix'd media is all about.  I love it!
 
 
 

I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and embossed it with Seafoam Embossing Powder.  And the final card looks amazing!
 
 
 

Since I was having so much fun, I created another Gelli print using Kenyon Copper Sorbet with Velvet Aloha, and Honolulu Blue Sorbet.
 
 

I placed the Garden Flowers stencil on the painted Gelli Plate and placed white cardstock on top.


The result isn't really very pretty at this stage, is it?

 
But tear it up, mat it with some cardstock and a wonderful couple of cards are created.
 
 


Use the Scor-Pal to create the scored lines above and below the Gelli print.


Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark and emboss with Seafoam White Embossing Powder.

Don't they look amazing!  Why not pull out your Gelli Plate and get creating today!

Thanks for stopping by. 


Steph



 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. You make it look so easy and fun. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I hope you do try this technique. Lots of fun and not too messy!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea. I don't have a gelli plate-but I'm trying it with a plastic shim mat. Worked really great!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete