5/5/14

Beautiful Birdhouse

I am so excited to be guest designing for Susan K. Weckesser this month. 

I fell in love with Susan's papers when I first saw them and knew they'd be used to make some amazing projects.  These papers are wonderful with their whimsical look and soft color palette. 

I found this birdhouse and knew immediately that it would be perfect for these papers.



 
 
 
I used different papers for each side of the birdhouse, cutting them slightly smaller than the birdhouse because I wanted the edges of the birdhouse to show.
 
 
 
 


I put some raffia in the bird holes.  Then stamped and cut out the birds, adhering them for foam adhesives for dimension.



The roof shingles were die cut with oval dies, inked with Harvest Ink and then spritzed with water to "buckle" them.

 
 
 
 
Check out the blog for all the details for creating this birdhouse.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment