5/7/14

Flowering Canvas

I am thrilled to be guest designing for Eclectic Paperie this month.  

I decided to work with a 4" x 9" canvas.   Selecting one of Wendy Vecchi's  Stamp It Stencil It - In Full Bloom - to work with, I stamped the leaves along the side of the canvas first in ColorBox Limelight Ink, then added the flowers with ColorBox Berry Ink.  Since I wanted to work on my canvas without waiting for it to dry, I heat set the flowers. 



I stamped the flowers in black ink on top and as you can see, I didn't get a wonderful impression.  Honestly, I was ok with it because I knew I wanted some dimension and would "fix" this issue later.


 
After stamping the 3 flowers, I created mask of the flowers so I could add 2 additional flowers between them. 
 
 
Then as I wanted the flowers to be 3 dimensional, I stamped, colored, and fussy cut 5 flowers placing  Glue Dots between the flower layers for a little dimension. 
 
 
Some Robin's Nest Dew Drops finished off the centers of each flower.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Gesso to adhere torn strips of book paper to the canvas before spritzing with Art Anthology Patience Colorations Spray.  It dries very quickly and I was able to add color around the outside of the canvas using the Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool, with Ranger Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose.

 
 
       



I used Prima's Pocket Doll stamp, stamping her and the dress.  Then I fussy cut the dress and redressed her before adding her to the canvas with foam adhesives for dimension.
 
 


I had some tiny stickers in my stash and used them to provide the phrase - "stop and smell the flowers" which I placed around my gal.

A close up of the gorgeous flowers.


 


 
 
 
I definitely had so much fun working with this canvas and so thrilled to be working with Eclectic Paperie this month.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph




 

2 comments: