7/27/17

Mixed Media Fun with Rebekah-Meier Thermoweb

Hi everyone, I am participating in the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop this month.  This month we are working with products from Rebecca Meier and Thermoweb.

I received an amazing assortment of products to create with and I had fun experimenting with all of them.


I started with a canvas panel that I painted blue.  I then added some grey paint.




Once dry, I placed a stencil on top and used the Mixed Media Medium with a pallet knife through the stencil..


Remove the stencil and clean it immediately.  Allow the Mixed Media Medium to air dry.  Or, if you are impatient like me, carefully heat set it.


While the Mixed Media Medium is still tacky, place Gold transfer foil on top and pull away.  Repeat until the foil covers the stars.


Next, I stamped a summer scene on the bottom of the panel and added some touches of color with markers.  Finally, I dragged a black ink pad across the stars and used a baby wipe to blend it into the panel.  I wanted it to appear as if we were sitting at the beach looking up at the night sky!  I added touches of white by blending gesso around the panel.


While I had fun with the canvas,  I also wanted to work with the other products I received. 




Using the Mixed Media Foam Sheets, I cut the foam into a 5" square.   Then I scrunched up the Gold foil as I wanted to create some texture.


I carefully placed the foil on the foam panel and gently pushed the foil texture into the foam panel.


After removing the foil I had this fun (but still tacky) background. 


So I took  a flat sheet of Patina foil and placed it back on the panel.  The Patina foil adhered to the still tacky areas creating a nice melding of foils.


As you can see, there is still some foil remaining on the sheets I used.  Perfect to place aside for another project.


The foam has adhesive on both sides, so it was easy to adhere the foiled panel to my card.  I wrapped Whiskers Graphics twine around the card.



I also die cut a butterfly from the foam sheet and adhered it to the card, then added a sentiment from Joy Clair above the butterfly.


Make sure to visit the Designer Crafts Connection blog and visit all the talented designers who are participating in the blog hop.

Steph Ackerman  (here)



Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

7 comments:

  1. The mixed media medium is wonderful and so easy to use. Need to try with my stencils - that will be fun! Love the texture on the foam adhesive sheet also - clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects, this stuff is very addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stars on the canvas and great card too! The crinkle technique turned out fabulous, I am gonna have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mixed media medium it is such a great product! Pretty projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on both of the projects Steph! Thanks so much for showcasing all the versatility of this line!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved both, but the technique used on the second project looks so interesting. great job

    ReplyDelete