2/2/19

Happy Valentine's Day with Makin's Clay

Hi everyone, my newest project on the Makin's blog, is a pair of Valentine's Day cards.  Valentine's Day is right around the corner so it's time to start creating your cards.


Supplies:
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Crafter's Companion, Spellbinders dies
Paint


Makin's Clay can be used for the main element on your cards or even as smaller elements that help set a theme.

As I wanted a darker red for my first card, I added some brown paint to the red clay then conditioned the clay to mix in the paint to achieve an even color.  Next, I ran the clay through the clay machine starting on the highest setting.


I continued putting the sheet of clay through the clay machine reducing the setting each time until I had the panel at the desired thickness.


Once the panel was ready, I cut it to fit an embossing folder, then used the Roller to imprint the words onto the clay.  With fresh clay and medium pressure, the words become imprinted quickly.  You can also use a die cut machine if desired, just be careful of the pressure used.


I trimmed the panel with the Cutter to approximately 4" square.


Using the left over clay, I  die cut some arrows.



Allow all the elements to dry at least 24 hours before continuing.

For the first card, I matted the clay panel with layers of cardstock and adhered it to a striped card.  For a little shimmer, I rubbed  silver paint lightly over the panel.   Love was adhered across the bottom edge.



For my second card, I used the Roller to roll out red clay, then placed a die onto the clay.  Using the Roller again, I  forced the die into the clay, cutting the design.  Since the clay was fresh, I only needed light pressure to cut the clay.



I created my card and added a large die cut heart.  In the center of the heart I added a die cut arrow, then placed Love across the center.


Happy Valentine's Day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph




No comments:

Post a Comment