9/3/19

Makin's Clay Mermaid Bottle

Hi everyone, I'm on the Makin'sⓇ Clay blog with another altered bottle.  I must say I have been having so much fun incorporating Makin's Clay products on my bottles.  It's a fantastic medium to use on glass.




Burlap
Prima Metallique Paints and Art Stones
Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray Inks
Ranger Metal Embellishment

Originally, I placed white clay around the bottle, then used the texture sheets randomly around the bottle for texture.  Then I painted assorted colors of acrylic paint.



But then I realized I wanted to go in a different direction and painted white gesso over the entire piece.  The gesso covered the paint, but still allowed the texture to show.


Once dry, I painted the entire bottle with Prima Mermaid Tears for a pretty light blue effect.  Next, I wrapped burlap partially around the bottle and glued mesh on top.



Art Stones in a variety of sizes were glued next on the mesh and allowed to dry.


Using the sea shell mold, I created an assortment of shells.  I must say this is one of my favorite molds and I use it quite often. 


For color, I inked the shells, then spritzed them with several colors of Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Sprays before adhering them about the mesh.   I spritzed the bottle with several colors of Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray Inks, heat setting each layer so the colors would stay true.


Finally, I added chain to a metal charm and placed in amongst the sea shells.


I added more color as I felt necessary to finish my Mermaid Bottle.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph







No comments:

Post a Comment