4/16/20

Designer Crafts Connection Blog Hop

Hi everyone,  I'm participating with the Designer Craft Connection blog hop and this month we are working with producdts from Little Birdie.

My box contained 2 sets of decoupage papers, 2 coasters, 2 bottles of decoupage glue and 1 bottle of varnish.



My projects include the 2 coasters that came with the kit along with a wood box which will hold the coasters when not being used.



After painting a wood box with purple paint, I selected the decoupage papers I wanted to use.  Tracing the box twice on the reverse side of the paper, I cut them out.  


Using the included Deco Magic Matte Glue, I glued the papers to the box.  Simply paint a light layer of decoupage glue to the box then place the papers and smooth them out.  The papers are quite delicate and only a light layer of decoupage glue is necessary.  


Once dry, I sanded the edges, then  used a word stamp with brown ink randomly about the box.  Finally, I painted a layer of Decor Varnish over the box to seal it.  To decorate, I added Little Birdie vines and butterflies plus several flowers over the vines.


I used additional papers to cover both sides of the coasters, then used Décor Varnish to seal them.


Using left over papers, I also decorated several wood tags with stamps and inks as well as leaves and butterflies.  These tags can be used for other projects I have in mind.


Please stop by the Designer Craft Connection blog to see what the designers have created this month.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



5 comments: