8/25/20

Summer Flip Flops

 Hi everyone, I've got a new post on the Proxxon blog showing you how to create a set of decorative flip flops to  remind you that summer is still ongoing even if we are summering in place this year.


I drew the shapes on a sheet of plywood, then used the Scroll Saw to cut them out.  I found it easiest to cut the plywood panel first so I could work with a smaller panel.


The Scroll Saw makes easy work of cutting the flip fops.


Next, I sanded the edges with the Delta Sander.  This is my go to sander.  With it's shaped sanding surface, I can get into the smallest of areas.


The Bench Drill Press easily cut the holes in each flip flop.


I used Plaid's Folk Art Paint to paint the flip flops.  Once dry, I used a stencil with Plaid Folk Art Paint to create the design on the flip flops.


To finish, I inserted ribbons in the holes and added a flower.  Now, I just need to hang these on my wall to remember that summer comes every year.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment