9/3/11

Calendars

Every year or so I purchase a pocket book sized 2 year calendar. It's the perfect size for my bag and with a 16 year old in the house, I need to know what I'm doing and when!!! But, the calendars are always the same old cover from year to year. This year I decided to spice it up and alter the cover.

Using the Circle Cutter and Punch 913 I created a fabulous new look for my calendar.

Very simply, I remvoed the calendar from it's plastic covering, added red dotted pattern paper which was mounted on white cardstock atop the calendar, used Punch 913 (without the inserts) to create a border strip, then used the Circle Cutter to cut the white and black circles large enough to fit my die cut letter.

Can you see how versatile these punches are!!!!!




I printed the year on my computer, inked the edges and placed it on top of the punched edge before adding the circles. Then I added a little bling. Since my bling was clear, I used Clearsnap's Smooch Ink to color the bling.

This was one very quick, very easy and fun project to create.



Supplies:
Circle Cutter, Punch: Kreaxions
Ink: Clearsnap Smooch Siren Ink
Clearsnap Archival Black Ink
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Doodlebug
Rhinestones: Recollections

1 comment: