9/10/11

Friends and Butterflies

Sometimes the gift wrapping can be just as important as the gift you give. Giving a gift card can be so impersonal, so why not dress up the packaging so the recipient has something nice to open.



Using a small gift bag from the local craft store, I decorated it with pattern paper and a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, allowing "friends" to show. After inserting the gift card, I tied the bag together with ribbon. Then I used the Butterfly die on a large manilla tag. I cut the butterfly from cardstock and the same pattern paper I placed on the gift bag. I ran this layer through my Cuttlebug, then inked the embossed section. After placing the cardstock butterfly on the tag, I used foam adhesive to adhere the second layer, then added some pearls down it's center.

Check out the store for this butterfly die and some amazing punches.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: MyMindsEye
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Ink: Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx
Pears: Want2scrap

2 comments:

  1. This is really wonderful! What a like is that it could be recreated in any paper/color combination and it would still be a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete