9/5/11

Made in the USA




Proud to be MADE IN THE USA Blog Hop

Did you know that all Clearsnap Products are manufactured right here in the United States, at our headquarters in Burlington, WA? They are! Every inkpad is made right here under our loving, careful guidance so that it will be the best quality possible when it reaches your craft table (and for years to come).

To celebrate Clearsnap's commitment to manufacturing products in the USA we have released a Limited Edition 3 Color Pigment Inkpad, MADE IN USA. Our Design Team has created stunning projects with this inkpad to share with you today, Labor Day! This inkpad has only been available to retailers purchasing inkpads and distinctive accessories direct from Clearsnap, as a "thank you" for their support of our company.

But we're giving one of these inkpads away!!! Please visit all of the blogs listed below as part of today's blog hop and leave a comment on each blog. Each comment counts as an entry into the drawing. Comments must be posted by midnight 9-5-11 PST to be eligible for the drawing. A winner will be posted to the Clearsnap Blog on 9-6-11.


Clearsnap Blog
Cathie Allan
Robyn Weatherspoon
Stephanie Ackerman HERE
Tami Sanders
Charlotte Jenkins
Daniela Dobson
Sabrina Alery
Jean Okimoto
Mary Dawn Quirindongo
Jennifer Priest


Today I am sharing with you how to create your own background using this 3 color stamp pad. Take a sheet of white cardstock (or the back of some pattern paper you don't like) and swipe the USA ink pad across the paper as often as needed to cover it.



It dries quickly and soon I was able to create this invitation. I cut the backgound 4"x6", inked the edges with the blue ink in this trio, then matted it with red cardstock. I then tied some twine around the block and die cut my other elements using my Cricut Expression. I cut the starred paper 5 1/4" x 7" and also inked it with the blue ink in this trio. Adhering the invitation on top, I added a 1" topper, punched two holes in it and tied a ribbon.



With the left over paper, I decided to create a journal. I die cut the title from the same background paper I created earlier, using my Cricut Expression.




I cut a block of pattern paper to fit the front of my journal and I added the title to the center, surrounding it with some half circles I cut from the reverse side of the pattern paper. I inked the half circles and the edges of the block with the blue ink from this trio, and used Sparkle Fibers for the dot over the "i" just for fun, adhering it with Glue Gloss. I then cut additional circles to use as page breaks and inked them with USA ink pad.



Holding my pages flat together, I "kissed" the pages to my USA ink pad and moved it along until I had all pages covered. This just added a nice finished look to the journal.



I tied some ribbons and twine to the binding just to finish it off.

Your next stop is Tami Sanders blog.



Clearsnap Supplies:
USA Ink Pad
Sparkle Fibers http://www.clearsnap.com/products.cfm/77/Sparkle-Fibers
Glue Gloss http://www.clearsnap.com/product.cfm/2050/Glue-Gloss

Other Supplies:
Pattern paper: Bo Bunny
Die cuts: Cricut Expression
Ribbon: Offray
Twine: The Twinery
Memo Book: Office Supply

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your cute card. I love the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your cool technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project! Thanks for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using the *swiping* technique. Clever to use it on the sides of your journal too, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the way you inked the side of the book. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice projects and I love the inking techniques you have shown.
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have 2 giveaway's on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the edges of the journal pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made the background!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool background technique and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool idea and I love that stamp pad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for the background in the card and edges of the journal pages. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely journal.. thanks for sharing your technique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable invite!! And the journal is cute, too - especially using that swiping technique on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love the tabbed journal! I think it would make a very cute BBQ / summer recipe book gift too!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really loved the journal! thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the distress, folky look that it gave your pieces!

    Janice
    www.cricutconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the BBQ card, not to mention the super cute mini!!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow are you CREATIVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete