2/28/13

Cobblestone Bridge




Hi Everyone, Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps  will be teaming up with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft for a blog hop this week! 

Two lucky winners will win a $50 prize pack.

Here’s how you can win:

1.        You have until midnight EST on February 28th to complete the hop. 

2.       Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft will have a new craft to share with you every day.  Visit their  blogs and leave a comment on each post.  This way, we’ll know you were there. 

Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps http://cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com

3.       Have fun!  We look forward to seeing your comments. 

Good morning.  I hope you've been following along this week as the designers at Cornish Heritage Farms are blog hopping with the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft design team. 


Using this wonderful Thomas Kinkade stamp -  Cobblestone Bridge  - I first stamped the image with Clearsnap's Guacomole Chalk Ink on white cardstock.  Chalk Ink is the best ink to use to get the details of the Thomas Kinkade stamps to really stand out.  I wanted to add color to specific areas of this stamped image and the  Faber Castell Gelatos were the perfect coloring agent. 

I added Lemon and Tangerine from the Yellow Gelatos set around the houses and trees, rubbing the colors in with my fingers.  I then added some Blue from the Blue Gelatos under the bridge to complete the image.


There are so many different ways to add color to detailed stamps, but I love how the Gelatos allow you to add color so easily and exactly where you want the color!
 
Be sure to stop by and see what all  the designers have been creating by clicking on these links:

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft http://designmemorycraft.typepad.com/design-memory-craft/

Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps http://cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 

24 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,loved that you used a TK stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW NEAT!!!!!!!!!!! Steph, you did a FANTASTIC JOB with these gelatos AND WHO DOESN'T LOVE THOMAS KINKADE IMAGES???? (sigh!) DROOL! DROOL! DROOL!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards for the hop have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I love all the Thomas Kinkade stamps.... so detailed and beautiful!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Your card is Beautiful. I love your coloring and detail. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors look nice together. I like the background paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those Kinkade stamps. What a great card

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice! Love the Kinkade images.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm being introduced to this stamp company and I really like the things that I've seen. This looks like a painting rather than a stamped piece of paper. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Great colors on the image and I love how you treated the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely--I like how you colored this scene with Gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the soft touches of colour you added to just the right places on this image. The doily peeking out from the corner is a sweet touch.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The image looks like a tin type. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The image looks like a tin type. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this post completely concerning the difference of latest and previous technologies, it’s awesome article.


    my web page :: thamorgroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peculiar article, exactly what I was looking for. linked site
    My site - linked site

    ReplyDelete