2/26/13

Love U



Hi Everyone, Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps  will be teaming up with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft for a blog hop this week! 

Two lucky winners will win a $50 prize pack.

Here’s how you can win:

1.       You have until midnight EST on February 28th to complete the hop. 

2.       Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft will have a new craft to share with you every day.  Visit their  blogs and leave a comment on each post.  This way, we’ll know you were there. 

Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps http://cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com

3.       Have fun!  We look forward to seeing your comments. 

Good morning.  I hope you've been following along this wee as the designers at Cornish Heritage Farms are blog hopping with the  Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft design team. 

Today, I decided to do something different.



Finding some unfinished wood letters, I decided to use  Faber Castell Gelatos as my coloring agent.  I first colored the letter with Cotton Candy.  Using the included paint brush and some water, I painted the color into the letter.  To make the letter darker, I added more Cotton Candy as needed. 



I then added some Guava to the edges of the letter and gently worked the color into the letter with my fingers.  I wanted to create a halo effect around the letter.  Then, using a little water and my fingers, I rubbed Red Cherry along the side edges of the letter.



Using CHF Large Dots Backgrounder, I inked it with Gold Metallic and spritzed it lightly with water.  Since I wanted a distressed effect, I randomly stamped the image all over the letter, adding more Gold Metallic and water to the stamp as needed.



Using watercolor paper, I scribbled Cotton Candy, Guava, Gold Metallic and Lavendar randomly on the paper.  Then, using a paintbrush and water, I colored the entire piece of paper.  I heat set the paper to help the drying process, then I repainted the paper again to get a layered effect.


I created the flower doily by stamping the large floral image from Ornamental Beauty twice onto the paper I just created using black ink.  I then embossed the images with Pearl embossing powder to get a subtle gray color.  I also stamped the interior circular image from the same set using black ink and then embossed it with Pearl embossing powder.  I then added some Gold Metallic and Guava around the edges of the 3 stamped images.




Using the stamp in the  Red Gelatos set, I colored it with the Faber Castell black marker, fussy cut the flower, then added some Cotton Candy and Guava to the cut out image.  I then placed all layers together and added a brad through the center before adhering them to the wood letter with Scraperfect's the Best Glue Ever.


To finish my letter, I die cut LOVE from black and pink cardstock using my Cricut Expression.  I adhered them to the left side, then added some Want2Scrap Rhinestone Swirls on the right side.

 



You can see what all  the designers have been creating by clicking on these links:

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft http://designmemorycraft.typepad.com/design-memory-craft/

Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps http://cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by today.


35 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought to use gelatos as a wood stain; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I am finding all kinds of new uses for my gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the directions! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Wow its in fact a humorous and jockey YouTube video posted at this place.
    thanks for sharing it.

    Here is my web blog - website
    Also see my website :: website

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, love the layered reds and the on contrasting pink sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great love U card. The flower adds the touch of class to the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you REALLY GOT INTO this project! SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE all the creativity you put into this! BEAUTIFUL JOB with the Gelatos too!!!!!!!!!!!! :) SOOOO ARTSY!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of a lot of different media!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your letter U! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, you can use gelatos for anything! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty. I love the colors and your flower is so neat. Thanks for showing us another way to use gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job, love the background stamp..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the graduated colors. The Gelatos blend soooo well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!! Beauitful project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative - it was helpful to see your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great color blending Steph...
    you project is very cute
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun project; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so vibrant & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute project and interesting techniques

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! It would make a sweet gift for some one you love. I like the polka dots on the pretty pink background.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME!! LOVING it all!! THANKS for sharing and Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The gelatos really seem to work on almost everything!!!! Thanks for working outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome project! Love these colors, and love what you did with the flower stamp! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun project! Great texture and color!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  25. so cute.I really like the colors that you choose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute. And something you can keep on display all the time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete