9/23/20

Harvest Decor with Rinea Foiled Papers

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog today with a Harvest decor piece that can remain out for the entire  fall season.  As you may remember from a previous post, I love this time of year.  It's getting cooler and the leaves are turning a variety of colors.


I found this metal and wood pumpkin in a store that was closing.  I knew  it was boring and that it needed some decorating, so I put it aside until  I could decide what I wanted to do.    


Using an older Cuttlebug die and embossing folder, I die cut  and embossed an assortment of leaves from Copper/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, Ruby/Ruby Starstruck Foiled Paper, Margiold/Marigol Starstruck Foiled Paper, Ebony/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and Emerald/Emerald Starstruck Foiled Paper.  Both the Starstruck and Glossy foils create amazing leaves.


Selecting an assortment of leaves, I placed them along the edges, but felt I wanted to add some leaf sprays to give the pumpkin more life and anchor the leaves.  I die cut  several leaf sprays from Emerald/Emerald Starstruck Foiled Paper using a Spellbinders die.


I placed the leaf sprays and the leaves in a pleasing fashion along the edges of the pumpkin.  I also scrunched up the leaves to give them a more realistic appearance.  
.

I added more leaf sprays as need till I was happy with the effect.  I wanted the leaf sprays to surround the leaves.


Along the bottom I added a final leaf spray and 2 leaves die cut from Ebony/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.

Finally, I added a burlap bow to finish.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment