9/26/20

Sweet Slimline Cards

 Hi everyone, I've got a set of Slimline cards to share.



I started by adhering Lawn Fawn Knock on Wood papers to Sizzix Mat Board, then running it through my Big Shot with Tim Holtz Alterations Cage Bird Die by Sizzix.
 

Since I die cut 3 sets, I moved the birds around till I liked how they looked on the cages.  I then glued them to the cages using Art Institute Glue.  


I inked the cages with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Ground Espresso using a Ranger Ink Blending Tool.  Add some twine  to the bird cages.





Using Penny Black Stamps - Special Thoughts - I chose the phrases I wanted to use, inked them with Lawn Fawn Black Licorice ink and stamped them on scraps of the same papers.


Creating cards from Bazzill cardstock, I used a Scor-Pal Scoring Board to create the creases in the cardstock, so the cards folded easily.  Then I assembled the cards, mixing the layers.  Using Mat Board elevates the bird cages to a 3 dimensional look on your cards.


This card could be sent to someone who is not feeling quite well.


This card could be sent to someone you are missing.


This card could be sent to someone to cheer them up.


There are lots of possibilities when you mix and match your stamps, dies and papers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment