7/5/18

Mixed Media Winged Canvas

Hi everyone, I've got a fun mixed media winged canvas on the Makin's ClayⓇ blog.


Supplies:
The Crafter's Workshop Stencil
Canvas 
Gesso
Prima Molds
Whisker Graphics Twine


I started by conditioning white clay.  I placed the clay in the molds creating an assortment of wings, keys and locks.  I planned on using the wings for this project and put aside the extra items for future projects.


VersaMagic Ink adds beautiful color to clay so I used Purple Hydrangea Ink to ink the wings.  With the detailing on the wings, the effect is amazing.


Then I used Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Cosmic Copper on the lock and key.


I put my clay elements aside then worked on the canvas.  I painted Paint a 6" x 6" canvas with black gesso.  Once dry,  I placed a stencil on top and used Imagine's Creative Medium in Silver, Gold and Purple to add color and texture.  Creative Mediums are creamy pastes that are beautiful and striking on dark backgrounds.


Once the canvas dried, I placed the elements on the canvas, moving them around till I was happy with the layout.  I glued the wings to the canvas leaving some space between them and added the lock on top.  I had a little room, so I tucked tiny flowers in the space between the wings. 


 In the opposite corner, I adhered the key, tying them together with twine.


Finally, I dabbed and blended the 3 colors of Creative Mediums around the edges of the canvas creating a metallic effect.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment