1/13/21

Masculine Cards

Hi everyone, I'm on the Clear Scraps blog today using the 6" Gears Stencil to create 2 cards.  

My husband recently turned 65 and I needed a birthday card.  The 6" Gears Stencil was perfect to celebrate this huge milestone.


Placing the 6" Gears Stencil on white cardstock, I inked over it with Distress Oxide Ink in Ground Espresso.


Cutting the panel to fit my card, I inked the edges with the same ink.


Matting the panel with brown cardstock, I added it to the card, then added a strip across the bottom of the card.  I slipped a shipping tag behind the strip.  Happy Birthday and "65" were die cut from brown cardstock and added to the card.


In keeping with the masculine theme, I adhered an assortment of metal washers (which I found in the garage), as well as a cotter pin to hold the tag to the strip.


Cutting white cardstock to fit the interior of the card, I used the Gears Stencil to create a pattern along the bottom edge.


After matting the panel with cardstock, I added it to the card and some more metal washers before stamping "happy birthday".


Finally, I used the Gears stencil to add a pattern to the envelope.


Since I had left over Gears paper, I created a Thank You card. 
It is pretty similar to the first card, but was since the Gears paper was a bit smaller, it was matted with 2 layers before being added to a brown card.
 

The tag was created with the final left over piece and slipped behind the strip.  Then I added metal washers.  Again, cotter pins were used to hold the tag to the strip.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment