5/24/14

Spring blog hop with Ann Butler and Walnut Hollow





Hi everyone I am so thrilled to be participating in the Ann Butler and Walnut Hollow blog hop today.

The Walnut Hollow product I am working with is the 11" x 11" Rustic Pallet.  It has so many possibilities!!!



I lightly white washed the pallet with yellow paint.  Since I really wanted a white washed appearance, I spritzed it with a lot of water as I painted.  Once dry, I added some Earth Safe Finishes - Iridiscents to the top three panels, applying it with my fingers.  Spritzing with water allowed it to be a little more fluid.



Using burlap from DCWV, I die cut the 2 banner layers using Sizzix dies and added brads to hold the banners together.  The Kellycraft 2" Flourish ABCs were stamped with ColorBox Berry Ink and then heat set with Clearsnap Opalescent Embossing Powder.  Once the letters cooled, they were fussy cut and added to the banner.



Along the bottom panel, I painted some ColorBox Limelight Ink which I mixed with water.  When dry, a striped stamp from Ann Butler's acrylic stamps from Kellycraft was stamped along the bottom twice to give the illusion of grass.

Using another Sizzix die, I cut the tree trunk in brown cardstock and then fussy cut the tree top from burlap.  I then used a stamp from Ann Butler's 2" Doily Picnic stamp set from Unity, stamping it on the tree top in Limelight and Tangerine Inks to give the tree some dimension.

The fence was cut with my Cricut Expression.   Before adhering, I held it in place and stamped the leaves from Ann Butler's 1" Leaves All Over stamp set on and about the fence.  The fence was then added with foam adhesives for dimension.





The birds were stamped in Sunshine Ink and once they were die cut, they were inked with Tangerine Ink.  The flowers were added to the fence after being stamped in Tangerine Ink and Berry Ink and then fussy cut.

I had so much fun working on this pallet and it looks amazing hanging in my room.

Now what is a blog hop without prizes!!!!!   To Enter for the giveaway please leave a comment.  For each blog you leave a comment on your name will be entered into the giveaway drawing, so be sure to check out the entire Blog Hop for more chances to win!  Thanks for stopping by today.

The Prize:

  Download Ann Butler Designs - Walnut Hollow Blog Hop - Giveaway.JPG (116.2 KB)

 
Blog hop order:
Beth Watson
Connie Hall
Irit Shalom
Kristi Parker 
Larissa Pitman
Lisa Rojas
Paula DeReamer  
Roberta Birnbaum
Steph Ackerman         HERE
Vishu Reberholt
Judi Kauffman
Sara Shirman
Chris Wallace
Emma
 
Steph
 
 
 

 


22 comments:

  1. Hey Steph what a fun sign, spring has finally arrived here in MN so this was great to see....Thanks for being part of the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Steph.....Love the banner and the birdies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love tge banner..thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign. The little birds seem happy in their tree and on the fence thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. I'm thinking this would be cute in a classroom with a theme on it. I would put a farm on mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fun project! Love the colors and burlap!
    Happy Memorial Day weekend, giving thanks to those who fought and died for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea. I wish I had room on my walls fore more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. Great prize. Would love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. So many creative ways to use similar products. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute!! love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used the ink pads like paints. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic project Steph! I love how you used all the product together in such a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh such a cute project, just love the birdies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the burlap and it cuts great with no fraying. I still need to think spring my flower bulbs have not even opened yet!

    ReplyDelete