9/4/18

Altered Sewing Box

Hi everyone, my newest project on the Makin's ClayⓇ blog is this sweet sewing box.




Supplies:
Imagine Craft's Ink - VersaFine Clair Nocturne
Black Gesso
Molding Paste
Prima Molds
Prima Marketing Metallique Paints
The Crafter's Workshop Stencil
Whisker Graphics Twine



I started by painting a wood box with black gesso.
Next, I used molding paste with a brick stencil randomly around the box.
Once dry, I painted the box with Prima paints, spritzing with water so the colors would run.



Using the Michelangelo stamp from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps, I inked with black ink then randomly stamped it about the box.



Wings and locks were created from white Makin's Clay using Prima molds.
To smooth out the clay pieces, I used the Makin's Roller over the molded pieces, then used the Makin's Tools to cut away the excess clay.




I painted assorted chipboard elements, the clay wings and the clay lock with Prima Metallique paints.


Assemble the chipboard pieces on the box, wrapping the spools with Whisker Graphics Twine.  Adhere the scissors across the top of the spools and glue everything in place.  Place the wings under the dress form, adding a button on top.




To finish, I added a lock to the side of the box.





The box is a perfect size to store an assortment of sewing supplies.









What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment