9/8/18

Etched Event Jars with Etchall

Hi everyone.  I know it can be hard saving for upcoming trips and events, so why not create event specific jars that give you a reason to save some money.

I had some jars with chalkboard panels on the front of each so I decided to try etching them.  I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but since I love to experiment..........  Check out my results!




I chose 2 jars - one had a scalloped circle and the other had a scalloped square design.  Using my Cricut, I die cut jumbled words from vinyl and placed them atop the chalkboard areas.


I applied a liberal amount of etchallⓇ etching crème on top, trying to stay within the scalloped circle. 


My next jar was square, so I was able to add painter's tape around the edges before adding the etching crème.


I only wanted the area with the words to be etched so the painter's tape created a good barrier. The tape ensured I stayed within the square.


After 15 minutes, I removed the etchallⓇ etching creme.  Since it is reusable, I put the etching crème back in its container.  The etching crème actually removed the chalkboard which was pretty cool.



To finish, I added circles of Rinea Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper on the tops.  Then I punched out a selection of butterflies from additional scraps of Rinea foiled papers, adding them around the jars.  The butterflies signify flight and journey so they were perfect additions to my jars.


Finally, I wrapped Whisker Graphics twine around each jar.
 
Fun technique - hope you give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph




No comments:

Post a Comment